Welcome to the Black Emporium!!

This is an 18+ Dragon Age Community. If you are under the age of 18, you are forbidden to enter this forum.
Welcome to the Black Emporium!!

This is an 18+ Dragon Age Community. If you are under the age of 18, you are forbidden to enter this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The Staff
Inquisitors

Wardens

Champions

Main Menu
Quick Navigation
IndexPortalFAQCalendarSearchActive TopicsTop PostersYour Posts
Important Links
RulesGuidelinesAnnouncements & UpdatesRanking SystemHelp
Archives
User Interface
InformationPreferenceSignatureAvatar
Social
Friends and FoesMemberlist GroupsTopicsFavoritesOptionsDrafts
Latest topics
» Never Been Stranger -- Sebastian x Bethany fic
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:19 pm

» Sebastian x Bethany, anyone?
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 am

» Some Frosty mods for DAI! Kieran skin tone options!
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 am

» Trash Vint Dad Love
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby NorroenDyrd Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:15 pm

» Height headcanons
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 am

» Dragon Age: Blue Wraith comic announced!
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:06 pm

» I wrote a poem!
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby CocotteJenn Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:20 pm

» Some Oldies but Goodies!
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby Cullenvhenan Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 pm

» Dragon Age FMK
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeby Rhunae Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:59 am

Maedhros Lavellan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NorroenDyrd

NorroenDyrd
Recruit

Love : 38
Pronouns : She, they

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am

Maedhros Lavellan Tumblr_prroyojTSr1v0ymifo4_640

Full Name: Maedhros Istimaethoriel Lavellan

Nicknames: Chatty, given ironically by Varric

Rank/Title: Keeper (formerly), Inquisitor

Class: Mage

Affiliation: Dalish

Specialization: Rift Mage, Dalish Pariah (see below)

Tarot Card: Maedhros’ companion card is based on the Tower Tarot.

Initial card:

Maedhros is shown striding brusquely through a rainy forest, travel cloak raised above his head to shield himself, while a ruined elven tower is standing in the background against a heavily clouded sky that is pierced by lightning.

Loyalty:

The landscape has been changed from autumn to summer, with bright green colours. The tower is now covered with a lush dark-pink crawling plant, and Maedhros is sitting at its foot, legs outstretched, smoking a pipe and carving something out of wood.

Loyalty Alternative:

The landscape is wintry. The tower is reduced to dark rubble scattered over the snow. Maedhros is hunched among it, his face turned away so that all the onlooker can see is his red hair, streaks of colour running from the matted mane. They are the only saturated thing in the muted greyish card and look suspiciously like blood.

Romanced:

Maedhros’ romance card is based on the World Tarot. He is shown bare-chested against a bright blue sky, his head thrown back, and with green tree branches encircling the composition.

Alignment: Ooof, probably Nutral Good

Romanced: Josephine, open to OT3s with Blackwall and Bull

Race: Elf

Birthplace: Free Marches

Hair Color: Greying ginger

Eye Color: Green

Complexion: Weather-beaten, lined, and freckled

Height: I am bad at exact numbers, but he tol

Body Type: Lanky

Sexuality: Pan

Gender/Pronouns: He/his

Scars/Tattoos/Piercings: Dirthamen's vallaslin and a lot of scars of various age

Conditions/Disabilities/Mental Illnesses/Etc: He is horribly far-sighted; suffers from PTSD and survivor's guilt after losing his clan (many years before he joined Clan Lavellan, where his sister Deshanna is Keeper)

Abilities/Skills: His magic style is similar to Merrill's in DA2; one of his favourite gimmicks in conjuring ghostly green vines

Weapons: Mage staff

Likes: Nature, wood carving, spending quiet time with small children

Dislikes: Large crowds, noises, decision-making

Family/Pet(s): He tends to be a loner, and never managed to get close to his sister's clan, but the Inquisiton becomes his found family. Minaeve is his daughter, and as Keeper, he had to send her away upon pressure from some of his clan mates.

Personality: Aloof, distrustful, secretly very soft and full of love.

Background: Maedhros was given away to another clan at a relatively young age, since he was a mage child, and the Keeper of his new clan was getting on in years and still had no apprentice to pass on the lore of the ancestors. But, just as young Maedhros was getting settled in, two other children in the clan came into their magic, and suddenly, the Keeper had three apprentices all at once.

As the eldest and brightest of the three, Maedhros became Keeper when his mentor passed away, while the other two became his First and Second respectively. The First was okay with the arrangement, but the Second resented the fact that an outsider had been chosen as his clan’s Keeper. They spent a few years bickering and reconciling, and doing the usual “elfy stuff”, when suddenly another mage emerged. This time, it was a seven-year-old child named Minaeve.

Maedhros was certain he could handle training her to control her magic and withstand demon possession, but his Second could not abide having even more competition. He started spreading whispers behind Maedhros’ back, turning the clan against both him and Minaeve, until all the elves rallied around and began to pressure the Keeper to do what had to be done when there are more mages around than the clan can manage: send the child off into the woods to find her fate.

Maedhros had no choice but to resign to the clan’s will, but he could leave Minaeve completely to her own devices. Leaving his First in charge, he followed Minaeve into the woods. Concealed from her eyes by magic, he kept trailing her, scaring off hostile wildlife and secretly helping the girl stick to a safe path, until finally, Minaeve stumbled upon a human settlement and was picked up by Templars, who took her to the Circle of Magi. Only then could Maedhros return to his clan in good conscience.

The snag is, when he retraced his steps, he found the clan’s campsite in embers, as his bitter Second had become possessed by an Envy Demon and wrought havoc in his absence. Crushed and heartbroken, Maedhros wandered the wilderness all alone for many years, until he chanced to cross paths with Clan Lavellan.

Appearance/ Faceclaim(s): He has a weird face, and one of the inspirations was Robert Carlyle, but he's not an outright faceclaim.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/NorroenDyrd/pseuds/NorroenDyrd
CocotteJenn

CocotteJenn
Recruit

Love : 79
Pronouns : she/her

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 am

Oh, such a sad story T-T

I suspect his reunion with Minaeve must have been tensed at first? She seems the type to hold a grudge and being abandoned by her own father must have stung beyond measure.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/CocotteJenn
NorroenDyrd

NorroenDyrd
Recruit

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

CocotteJenn wrote:
Oh, such a sad story T-T

I suspect his reunion with Minaeve must have been tensed at first? She seems the type to hold a grudge and being abandoned by her own father must have stung beyond measure.

Yes, their relationship never truly recovered, but they did establish some sort of common ground towards the end, with Maedhros supporting Minaeve's magical research without demanding anything in return, and Minaeve likes her half-sister, Marisol Montilyet, well enough (she does resent that Marisol is doted on, but is self-aware enough to remind herself this is not the kid's fault).
Back to top Go down
CocotteJenn

CocotteJenn
Recruit

Love : 79

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Aww, I'm glad the girls manage to get along in spite of everything :)
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/CocotteJenn
luwalhati

luwalhati
Recruit

Love : 46
Pronouns : She/her

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 pm

I literally got chills when I read that last paragraph in his background. He's very interesting. I'm not sure if I said this before, but I really love your character designs for your OCs. They're so unique and memorable! (Hope that doesn't come across as backhanded because that's not my intention at all)
Back to top Go down
NorroenDyrd

NorroenDyrd
Recruit

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 pm

@luwalhati Aaaaw I appreciate that! I have always berated myself for not being able to design conventionally gorgeous OCs, so I make up for that elsewhere!
Back to top Go down
Cullenvhenan

Cullenvhenan
Inquisitor

Love : 43

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 9:25 pm

I love how you use elements of canon to give your OCs different types of backstories. His is melancholic but he sounds like such an interesting guy - he's been through some but is still trying. Seeing older Quizzies is always nice too!
Back to top Go down
NorroenDyrd

NorroenDyrd
Recruit

Maedhros Lavellan Empty
Maedhros Lavellan I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 5:18 am

@Cullenvhenan Thaaaaank! Appointing random NPCs as OC relatives is my jam! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content