Welcome to the Black Emporium!!

This is an 18+ Dragon Age Community. If you are under the age of 18, you are forbidden to enter this forum.
Welcome to the Black Emporium!!

This is an 18+ Dragon Age Community. If you are under the age of 18, you are forbidden to enter this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The Staff
Inquisitors

Wardens

Champions

Main Menu
Quick Navigation
IndexPortalFAQCalendarSearchActive TopicsTop PostersYour Posts
Important Links
RulesGuidelinesAnnouncements & UpdatesRanking SystemHelp
Archives
User Interface
InformationPreferenceSignatureAvatar
Social
Friends and FoesMemberlist GroupsTopicsFavoritesOptionsDrafts
Latest topics
» Never Been Stranger -- Sebastian x Bethany fic
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:19 pm

» Sebastian x Bethany, anyone?
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 am

» Some Frosty mods for DAI! Kieran skin tone options!
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 am

» Trash Vint Dad Love
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby NorroenDyrd Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:15 pm

» Height headcanons
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 am

» Dragon Age: Blue Wraith comic announced!
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby ohhgreywarden Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:06 pm

» I wrote a poem!
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby CocotteJenn Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:20 pm

» Some Oldies but Goodies!
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby Cullenvhenan Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 pm

» Dragon Age FMK
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeby Rhunae Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:59 am

Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Star Nymph

Star Nymph
Inquisitor (Founder)

Love : 25
Pronouns : She/Her

Guidelines Empty
Guidelines I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Guidelines ZpkIoN0

Now that you’re finished with the rules, here are some guidelines to follow along with as you navigate through the forums. While breaking these won’t necessarily get you strikes, we strongly suggest you think about them when posting. Doing so will make your experience stress and drama-free.

Guidelines XxKAPQ0

1. No derailing.

It’s rude and confuses to the point of the topic you are in. If you need to talk about something in relation to the topic, making a new one referencing the other and continue the conversation at hand.

2. No unsolicited opinions.

Listen, you’re entitled to your opinion but there is no point shoving it places where it doesn’t belong. Do not go into a “Vivienne positive” topic and go into a rant about how much you hate her. See people talking about the Circles? It doesn’t need a ten-page paper on everything you hate about templars. If no one asked for it, don’t give it.

3. Have some manners.

I understand we’ve all gotten off the likes of tumblr and twitter where butting into conversations is the bee-knees, but try to avoid that here. This is a place for fun and for compassion; being aggressive, rude, and ready to fight is not going to be welcomed. Have a thought for your fellow members and, please, think about what you’re going to post before you do it.

4. Check to see if a topic already exists.

We want to avoid topic clones and clutter, so if a question or a forum has already been posted, just enter that topic instead of making a new one. The only reason why you should be making a duplicate topic is if the old one is old and locked and you want to farther the conversation. Otherwise, we really do not need two topics about how much Bull loves dragons.

5. No Hotlinking.

Link directly from the source; not from this website or from other hosting websites that have stolen the picture in question.

6. No Mages vs Templar Wars.

This is a hot button topic, we know but we are putting a foot down on it. Can you talk about it? Sure. Have a friendly debate? More than welcome. What we do not, however, want is for the community to be divided over it and insults to be flung over real-world morality. If a person likes the templars, you have no right to shame them for it. Likewise, people who side with the mages aren’t your enemy. If you want to scream at each other over this, do it someplace else. It’s not welcome here.

7. Avoid making ‘Chantry Explosion’ jokes.

This is Not Anti-Anders. This is about people’s comfort. You may find jokes about the chantry exploding funny, but other people aren’t comfortable with the idea of a place of worship (regardless of how it’s coded) being destroyed and potentially hundreds of people being killed. This is a common problem in our society today, across the world, people are being affected by it–killed by it. Like I said above you are free to post these jokes on other sites, but not here.

8. Don't take representation away from someone.

Not everyone is properly represented in the media. While there are a variety of straight, white, cis people in stories, poc and queer people are limited in representation. This is no different in the DA Franchise. Do not strip characters of their identities--making a straight-coded person bi or a white-coded person dark-skinned is not on the same level as making Dorian straight or Isabela white. Changing over-represented identities is okay. Do not whitewash, do not erase sexualities or genders, do not misgender, do not infantilized neurodivergence or mental illness.

9. All topics will be moved to the archives if they have been inactive for 90 days.

This is more of a notice than a guideline but once a thread has been deemed ‘dead’ or closed, it will be moved to the archives. You’re free to view them there, but will be unable to make any new posts or edits. If you wish to bring a topic back from the archives and reopen it, you must discuss it with a staff member.

10. Agree to Disagree/Friendly Debate.

What it says on the tin. In this community, everyone is allowed to have their opinion and shouldn’t be afraid of sharing it. Debates will happen and, hell, they’re great! Healthy and fun and usually they open new insights. Butting heads can’t be avoided either, so we ask that instead of blowing up, drawing battle lines, and gearing up to shame each other over fictional worlds, we instead ask you to calm down a little and talk about it. Maybe shut down the conversation if you don’t like where it’s going, and walk away agreeing that you won’t see eye to eye.

(Note: This does not include things that involve harming real-life people, erasing/shaming someone’s identity, or producing problematic content that insults other people. If you see these things, tell a staff member right away as we take this very seriously.)

11. Not everyone speaks English.

English is not everyone’s first language and sometimes language barriers can cause messy situations. If you’re unclear about someone’s statements, maybe ask them to clear it up. Likewise, do not tease anyone about grammar or word usage–they’re learning a second language or may have trouble due to a learning disability or condition. Be patient.

12. Talk to the Staff

We can not stress this enough. The staff is here to help you in any way possible–if you don’t know what to do, talk to one of us. If you’re scared, confused, or worried, all of our PMs are open to you. Do not take matters into your own hands or keep something to yourself. We are working to keep this community a place of love and we want you to feel included.
Back to top Go down

Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information Hub :: Rules and Guidelines-
Jump to: